I thought a lot about this month’s Brett’s Pick and decided to introduce you to an architect. Ken Ungar designs custom homes for people right here on the Westside and has been doing so since 1989. Not only is he internationally renowned for his work, but he is also well-versed in governmental regulations in this area. Let’s learn a bit more about Ken and why you should consider an architect to design your home.
Ken Ungar, Architect
Westlake Village, CA 91362
818.889.8786 or 310.645.2966
About Ken Ungar
If you have looked at homes on the Westside, you are likely to have spotted a Ken Ungar design. For the past 30 years, he has designed over 200 custom homes in cities such as Pacific Palisades, Brentwood, Santa Monica, Cheviot Hills, Beverlywood, and Beverly Hills. Because of this concentration on the Westside, he is intimately familiar with all governmental guidelines and regulations needed for both designing and building.
Ken designs luxury single family homes and is personally involved in the entire architectural process, including:
- Designing the home
- Construction drawings
Even more importantly, Ken Ungar remains through the construction process, providing you with a peace of mind that the contractor follows the design to the letter.
Ken is also an award-winning architect:
- West Coast Builders Association 1994 “Gold Nugget” for “Best Home Under 6000 sq ft”
- Log Home Design Ideas magazine “Sharing the Dream,” 2000
- Many celebrity homes
- Featured in TV shows such as Curb Your Enthusiasm
Why Should You Hire an Architect?
Building a new home is complicated with such things as design options, governmental codes and zoning laws, dealing with contractors, and more. An architect is someone who can help you through the maze. Ken Ungar has the training, education, and experience needed to guide you through the process.
Here are three very good reasons to consider hiring an architect when you build you new home:
- Translate your wants and needs into a home you love: Ken Ungar are trained to create homes that meet your desires, while still following codes and regulations. They have the knowledge to offer you options or alternatives you might not otherwise think of.
- Save money: Although some people think that adding an architect adds cost to a project, the truth is that they save money. Ken Ungar creates designs that are well-conceived. This means that you are less likely to make expensive changes once construction has begun. Plus, his plans are so thorough that your contractor can more accurately price the project. Finally, a well-designed home has a higher value upon resale.
- Easier: Building a home is not an easy process. Ken will help you navigate through the entire process from design to construction. This includes coordinating teams of experts, understanding codes and laws, and even helping you find the right contractor.
Feel free to contact me for further information about the use of architects or any other questions you have about buying and selling homes. I’d love to hear from you.