The word is out that HBO is heading to Culver City leasing offices at Ivy Station. With the recent announcements of both Apple and Amazon coming to the area, Culver City is reestablishing itself as an entertainment industry hub. Thomas Ince, who started the first film studio in the city, would be amazed at the growth.
Ivy Station is the mixed-use development near the Culver Metro station. This development will have the following:
- A 240,000 office building leased for the next 15 years by HBO
- 200 apartments
- 50,000 sq ft of retail and restaurant space
- Hotel with 148 rooms
- 2-acres of public outdoor space – This area will feature activities such as movies, art shows, and concerts
- 1,500 underground parking spaces
Construction should be complete in mid- 2020.
HBO is leasing the entire office building located at Ivy Station for its new corporate headquarters. Designed by Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects, the office building encompasses 240,000 square feet over five floors. The building, located on Venice Boulevard, has the following features:
- Flexible floorplates that allow for a single or multiple tenants
- Lot of natural light
- Windows that are operational
- Outdoor balconies
The design takes advantage of Culver City’s climate and views. HBO plans to take occupancy in early 2021. Just down the road, Amazon leased space in the Culver Steps development and Culver Studios, Apple leased a four-story building also near the Expo line, and Sony is down the road on the former MGM backlot.