After almost ten years, the Gayley at Wilshire 29-story condo tower is finally set to start in Westwood. The city approved 144 residential units almost six years ago, but Indivest just now applied for construction permits. Here’s a quick look at what Gayley will have to offer.
If you’ve ever been to New York City, then you’ve seen the iconic Flatiron Building. Now, you won’t have to travel so far to see something similar. Gayley at Wilshire’s design resembles this New York wonder. At 29 stories, it will rise above an old video store at 10955 Wilshire Boulevard on the corner of Gayley Avenue.
The tower’s narrow façade will face Wilshire. Robert AM Stern’s design takes care to fit into the nearby Village shops. Stern’s style, as seen through designs for Disney, the Ritz-Carlton, and more, is both classical and award winning. For Gayley, he created a unique swimming pool held up by a ring of columns from the porte-cochere where visitors will get a glimpse of swimmers above. As with many new luxury condos in the area, the lower level of the building will have retail shopping.
Gayley at Wilshire’s luxury atmosphere will start with sustainable features. Stern plans to achieve the LEED Silver rating from the US Green Building Council. LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environment Design, focuses on encouraging architects and builders to create more sustainable buildings. To earn the Silver rating, the Gayley will have to earn a total of 50 to 59 points in a combination of these categories:
- Sustainable Sites (Up to 26 Points) – For choosing an already developed urban site, as well as curtailing soil erosion and pollution during construction and other sustainability strategies.
- Water Efficiency (Up to 10 points) – Water conservation systems
- Energy and Atmosphere (Up to 35 points) – Optimally performing systems, 10% less energy use, and/or use of renewable energy sources
- Materials and Resources (Up to 14 points) – Reuse and recycling of materials
- Indoor Environmental Quality (Up to 15 points) – Air and lighting quality
- Extra Credit (Up to 10 points) – Innovation in design and regional priorities
Gayley at Wilshire Amenities
In addition to the LEED certification, The Gayley will also have the following:
- A restaurant
- Coffee shop
- Fitness center
- Meeting rooms
- 4-level subterranean garage
- Valet parking
- Immediate access to the planned Purple Line Metro stop
When completed, the Gayley at Wilshire will rival the Carlyle Residences. This 24-story luxury condo is home to many celebrities such as Bruce Willis and Serena Williams. No doubt the Gayley will draw in a similar crowd.
For more information about The Gayley at Wilshire, as well as other luxury condos on the Westside, give me a call. I’d love to learn about your needs and help you find the luxury condo of your dreams.